Thursday 21 July 2011

Young people can give grown ups a lesson sometimes

I was working with some year 8's last week and gave them an exercise on debate.

A young lad disagreed with the rest of the group he was in, but when it came to volunteering to be the representative of that group, put his hand up.

I asked him how he was going to speak passionately about a consensus he disagreed with.

He said "this is what the team decided and I am in that team so I now have to abide by that decision and make it work"

WOW! In one moment he had shown how the coalition government has to work. I said this and the whole class agreed that there is no other way, if there is to be an efficient government.

If they can get it, why do some voters have a problem with this? This is what team work is about, and if one doesn't feel they can do this then the door is always nearby.

LibDems are able to contribute with a flavour of their policies. Some are quite evident.

Feel free to comment, I'd love to hear you justify a different view

No comments:

Post a Comment